Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Welcome to Vacation With Kids!

Hello out there and welcome to Vacation With Kids! I am a mom of two wonderful ,90% of the time, kids ages 5 and 4. And like most parents, I miss the days before kids when you could just pack a carry on in about 10 minutes and hop on plane to paradise with your husband at a moment's notice. Before kids we traveled about every month to exciting, and not so exciting, destinations. Mostly in the United States and Mexico, but there were some fun European and Carribbean adventures as well.


Now, it is a completely different story. Packing takes a minimum of 2 nights. My printed list of things to pack is about 2 pages. My carry on has turned into two large suitcases, car seats, stroller, pack n play, swing, baby bjorn, sound machine, baby monitor, diaper bag, backpacks of snacks, quite toys, crayons, dvd player, dvds, leapsters, etc. Well you get the picture - I look like a pack mule walking through the airport.


But even with the added luggage I love to vacation with our kids. Each trip I pack smarter, lose an article (this year - it's the stroller!!) and make lasting memories with my family.


So you maybe wondering why I am starting this blog or maybe you didn't even make it this far. For those that did- I promise I have a point. I am going to blog about the resorts we have gone to and write honest reviews. I promise my reviews won't be based on advertising ( I HATE that), but based on how nice the kid's club was, how the staff treated my children (even during mid meltdown), the cleanliness of the rooms (pee stained mattresses and all!), kids menus, easy of travel, cost, etc.


If I can help out one family, then I feel that I am making a difference.


- Vacation Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment